Sunday, March 27, 2011

Photo Challenge | Slice of Life

How fun is this week's theme??? I love candid shots, or "slices of life"! Posed pictures are great, but the candid ones seem to capture the real person--their real smile, how they interact with each other, just REAL life!

Having two little girls, I capture a lot of candid shots. I have several of them destroying the bathroom, playing with toys, and generally being cute. But when I was perusing my archives for a shot that jumped out at me, I came across this one of my littlest girl stacking cans. It was great watching how hard she worked to balance each can, watching how she'd hold her tongue or how her lips would twist in concentration.

And what kid hasn't stacked cans? I remember a particular photo of my older brother when he was about two, standing next to a teetering stack of cans. So fun!


She ended up getting that stack to be taller than her!

For more slices of life, check out the iheartfaces website!

12 comments:

Nana said...

She looks like Avery in this picture! Cute! Love her mouth! Smooches!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I came across this picture! It's great!

Heather Brulez said...

Great depth of field, lighting and moment. Love it.

Silly Nana said...

Well, duh. It is Avery. No wonder she looked like her. Thanks for making fun of me! Sheesh...

Mommy to Tyler & Kendall said...

Great capture and angle

LJ said...

Fabulous photo! Love the DOF, and definitely a "slice of life" moment in a toddler's world.

Dot O said...

That is a PERFECT slice. Love the focus and the blur - love the concentration - you can tell how hard she is working.

Leila said...

love this simple shot! :0) too cute!

Raquel said...

Wonderful photo! Love the angle.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

Unknown said...

AWESOME photo! She looks so determined. Great momment to capture.

Presley family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! My kids have done... shoot I did it! wink! LOVE it... love you... you are so talented!
BIG HUGS my friend!