Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Heart Faces: "Anything But A Face" Photo Challenge

I enjoy entering the iheartfaces photo challenges. I get nervous when I enter a photo. I want people to see my work, comment on it and like what they see. I want to be mentioned in the Top Ten or as one of Angie and Amy's Favorites (but it's okay if I'm not). I've actually gotten top ten a couple of times. Plus, it's fun to see all the other photos in the challenge and perhaps find new friends while perusing the week's entries.

The photo I chose for this week's challenge is especially important to me. I was invited to join other people on Facebook affected by Type 1 Diabetes to write the word "HOPE" on a hand, shirt, anywhere and then share the photo on Facebook to raise awareness for this disease, to share in the HOPE to find a cure. This is the photo I shared today. My four-year-old little girl has Type 1 Diabetes and it is our hope that a cure can be found very soon.



My daughter was a bit confused as to why I wanted to write on her hand. "But Mom, we're not supposed to write on ourselves!" It was a little difficult for her to understand the meaning of "HOPE", but after explaining that it means to want something and believe it can happen, that we really hope for a cure for diabetes so she won't have to have icky finger sticks and multiple injections each day, my little girl stated she also hoped she could have a puppy. And ice cream for dessert.

It is my HOPE that even if one person sees this photo, they will have an increasing awareness of Type 1 Diabetes.

To see more "Anything But A Face" photos, click here:



And to learn more about Type 1 Diabetes, click here: jdrf.org

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing photo. love it, we do need a cure

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo - best to you & the little one

BETH said...

Beautiful photo- my husband has been type 1 since he was 9, we do need a cure.

Mrs Mar said...

I HOPE so much for her, and you and all the others out there.

Stay strong.