Thursday, August 2, 2007

Antique? Or just junk?

I came across this little guy while cleaning out a closet. Isn't he cute? His name is Major Morgan.

He's this neat little musical toy that I got many, many years ago. He had these little music cards that you slipped in the front display and you could play tunes. I was good at playing these tunes. Sometimes I could play without the music cards to prompt me. In fact, I entered a talent show at church where I played Major Morgan.



He still works, sorta. One note works. The hi D, up in the top right corner. I was hoping to pass this thing down to Emily. Except I lost all the music cards. It's kinda pointless without those, unless you already know how to play Major Morgan. So my question is, do I throw it out? What about the memories? I get nostalgic when I see him. I realize I'd only be throwing out the toy, not the memories, but I just can't seem to let him go. I mean, really, just look at that face!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a keeper. Ahhh, the memories of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" played every so skillfully on the Major.

If you do decide to get rid of it, I suggest you give it to Michael. He keeps everything.

Anonymous said...

Shut up Aaron!
I do remember you were able to play the "Nickelodean" theme song on that thing.
There is just something disturbing about touching a man in uniform on his tummy and lower body and he makes music by your touch. But we didn't think about that until we got older...
Go ahead and keep it. Or give it to me.

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Michael, only you...

I'll keep him. You can't have him.

Anonymous said...

I suspect you can get another Major with cards on ebay. That's where I got replacements for some of the stuff I got rid of years ago.

Charlotta-love said...

That face seems to say, "I can't believe you are thinking of getting rid of me. Let me play you a song..." keep it.

plus, maybe you can turn it into a piggy bank somehow and give it to your dad.

Kelly said...

I loved Major Morgan. But you have now ruined it for me Michael. Thanks.

Heathermoo said...

Because I'm a dirty minded fool, I keep wanting to giggle. He was almost a "Major Organ" Teehee!

Concetta said...

I used to have this when I was little too! I've not even thought about that toy in years (probably decades)... I loved it. You should totally keep it! :-]